Written by a contractor
with over 25 years experience, the basic bid estimating course gives you
a solid foundation to begin the process
of winning bids. Knowing your costs and that you have covered all "bases" will
prevent last minute doubts and ensure a strategy for being competitive.
This course separates the many items of overhead, labor and materials that
go into an estimate and turns it into an easily understood complete bid.
Please understand that this is an online course only. There is no book.
Course Syllabus - Bid Estimating 101
Lesson 1: Introduction and Preparation
- Tools of the Trade - Planning and simplicity,
- Hardware - pricing books - software, computer?,
what type, applications to consider
- Software - Estimating software, sources, how
- Job Familiarity - Site visit, proper and complete
plans and specs, plan services, estimating services
Lesson 2: Proper Estimating Methods
- Assemblies - What an assembly is, why assemblies
are big time savers, adjusting assemblies, examples, constructing
- Repetitive Items and Scale - Labor adjustments
for repetition, economy of scale, degree of difficulty, weather,
seasons, timing, unforeseen hazards
and Plans - What to check for in the plans and specs, penalties,
pay-when-paid clauses, arbitration
clause, estimatorís log
- Organization - The correct way to do take-offs,
counting and verification, scaling, highlighting, symbols
- Management - Discrepancies, notification procedures,
dealing with distributors, dealing with the Boss, job superintendent
Lesson 3: The Take-Off
- Practical Application - This lesson will give
practical examples of a proper take-off
Lesson 4: Continuance of the Take-Off
- Practical Application - Further take-off examples
- Adjustments - Adjusting material and labor
- Forms - Practical forms for your use
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
Look at our other online construction courses:
Management - Real world PM as it is.
Strategy - Maximize winning bids, guarantee profitability.